| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: nerve pain from kidney donation  (Read 1867 times)

Offline rg1805

• Conversationalist
nerve pain from kidney donation
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:50 PM »
Hello, I am new to the site. I am 33 years old. July 5 I donated my left kidney to my brother. My incisions feel fine, but I have very uncomfortable nerve damage in my left thigh, runs from the hip down to the top of the knee, flaring up the most above the knee. Does anyone have feedback on this? What am I up against here? It feels like extreme sun burn. Clothes rubbing on the leg is very painful.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: nerve pain from kidney donation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
Welcome to LDO!

Sorry to hear of your discomfort!  Have you contacted and been seen by the surgical team that did the surgery.  If not then contact them immediately!  They need to know of this and you really do need to be looked at, demand it if they put you off.  It could be from how you were positioned on the table during surgery, pinched a nerve, but non the less, if this is surgery related you need to be seen, evaluated, and treated.  This will be covered by your recipients insurance.

Please stay in touch and let us know what the outcome is.  Glad you came here!  Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline rg1805

• Conversationalist
Re: nerve pain from kidney donation
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
I have notified my coordinater. She contacted the doc and he is looking into it. I have my follow up appointment Tue, July 31 so I am hoping for some optimistic answers. In the meantime she recommended I try Topical creams to see if it helps with the pain.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional