| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: need your help  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Tobias

• My first post!
need your help
« on: September 23, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »

Hello my name is Tobias and I come from Norway. Unfortunately, my wife has a chronic renal failure. In newspaper articles is to meet the organ donor recipient with the internet. For a month I'm on the internet in search of websites where meet kidney donor and recipient. Found I have only livingdonorsonline.org and matchingdonores.com. What's wrong with looking? There are no other sites? should be obliged for an answer. thanks in advance.

Offline hawkeye

• Top 200 Poster!
Re: need your help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
Bumping this to the top. 

I would hate to see his question not get answered, especially because he is presumabley in such a great need of answers!  I'm sure he is scared.  Is there anyone here that can give him more advice on where to look for matches?  Are there any tips or tricks for advertising his need to his friends, family, and coworkers?  Maybe ask local hospitals if they are putting together any donation chains?

Hawkeye

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
Re: need your help
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:39:22 AM »
There aren't any sites outside the US that I know of. People here use LDO, plus some will run an ad on craigslist and also spread the word by creating a facebook kidney search page like Jenna's https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor. It's also wise to send an announcement to alumni groups, post a notice at your church and hand out flyers at public events. If you can get your local journalist to runa story about your plight, that can be very helpful.
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved