| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Laproscopic pictures  (Read 7205 times)

Offline upnover

• Top 100 Poster!
Laproscopic pictures
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »
Hi All,

For those wanting to know what laproscopic looks like this it. I only have 2 tiny incisions below my left rib cage and one 4" gash at my belt line below those. Minimal invasion but enough to get the job done.
I guess for day #5 I feel pretty good. I am set up in our spare bedroom with a big screen TV, comms, computer, call button to my wife. What more could a person want? The only grief I am having is that my lungs have this fluid or flem in them which is causing me to have a hard time talking and not caughing. I dont want to get pneumonia out of this. I have been trying to exercise my lungs with the sucky thing they gave me in the hospital but it is not working that great.

Enjoy the pictures : If you look at picture oo5 I am laying on my right side while the Doc reaches in through the portal with his right hand and yanks the kidney....amazing technology

[stale (over 500 days old) attachment deleted]

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
Re: Laproscopic pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  Interesting isn't it?  I hope you're able to get the lungs going.  I know the coughing was really uncomfortable but important.  It was the sneezing the sent me through the roof!  WOW.  Anyway - my wish and prayer for quick healing friend.  Keep us update and rest yourself!  What a great thing you've done.  You are literally someone's hero.

God bless.

Scott 8)
Scott

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
My biggest irrational fear lately has been the thought of being naked on the table.  Glad you see that you were more than covered up. 
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
You will be asleep....
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »
and even if you are naked on the table, you won't know a thing about it..... :)
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline upnover

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:38:22 PM »
The last words I recall saying to the one OR nurse were " I guess this is where I leave my dignity behind" He just chuckled. Once you get past the fact you will most likely never ever see these people again nor will they remember you, it will get easier. Having the nurse yank the catheter out was probably the best feeling I will ever cherish!

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
Oh ya....the catheter....I almost forgot about it...thanks for bringing that stunning memory back.  LOL ;D
Scott

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the grody pictures dude. Now I am totaly disgusted. They gave me my tentitive date for donation between june 28 and july 14. Hopefully I can top those pics with something even more gross.

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »
My first response was Oh Good!  Pictures!
My second response was Darn, I wish I could make them bigger.
My third response was, Well maybe they're just fine like they are.... :o

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
So awesome!!! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing!
I have a DVD of a portion of my surgery because they used it on the news. "Gather round, kids...let's watch mommy's surgery.." haha. But still, who gets to see their internal organs that way?
Great job, and thank you for sharing them. I LOVE EM!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »
I really wanted my surgery to be videoed...Dr Goodman wouldn't allow it....
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:39 PM »
I'll wait for the book on mine    ;D
Scott

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved