| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Request for an interview.  (Read 3678 times)

Offline shinche

• Conversationalist
Request for an interview.
« on: June 29, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
Dear,
My name is Uyen Ha. I am an international student of Intensive English Program at Georgia State University. I am working on essay which is in reference to living organ donation. My essay's topic is "Should payment for living organ donation be legalized?" I researched many information on this issue, but I tend to think I will need your help for professional information. In addition, this essay requires me to have an interview with expert. if possible, can you introduce to me some expert on this field or some contacts with people who donate their donors. Thank you so much.
Best,
Uyen Ha.

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Request for an interview.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
Art Caplan and George Annas are bioethicists who have recently spoken on this topic. Ben Hippert is a nephrologist who has weighed in as well. I'm an amateur ethicist, and not a medical professional of any kind, but I've represented living donors formally and informally in public forums, to various committees and conferences of the OPTN and UNOS, and here at LDO, often.

May I suggest you consider a different title? "What Conditions Might Allow Stakeholder Reconsideration of the Criminalization of Compensation to Living Organ Donors?" This defines the debate space respectfully for all, and includes incremental change, such as the recent legislation (Norwood) clarifying NOTA to allow Kidney Paired Donation. Best wishes for your research. If you're willing to link or post your essay, we'd enjoy seeing it.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline shinche

• Conversationalist
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »
If possible, can you accept my interview about this topic? Because you have had many experiences on organ donation 's website, I tended to think that this is necessary for me to know your viewpoints about this problem.
Thank you!
Best,
Uyen Ha.

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »
Dear Uyen Ha,

Please feel welcome to contact me for an interview.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved