| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Impact of Paired Exchange on Living Donor Kidney Transplantation: A Center Level  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
http://www.atcmeetingabstracts.com/abstract/impact-of-paired-exchange-on-living-donor-kidney-transplantation-a-center-level-analysis-the/

Impact of Paired Exchange on Living Donor Kidney Transplantation: A Center Level Analysis, The
J. Gill, C. Rose, J. Dong, O. Johnston, J. Gill, D. Landsberg

Although the number of living donor paired exchange (LDPE) kidney transplants increased 1000 fold between 2005-10, the total number of living donor kidney transplants (LDTx) declined by 4% in the United States. The purpose of this analysis was to determine the association between center participation in LDPE and the percent change in LDTx per year during the study period.

We conclude that participation in LDPE is not associated with an increase in LDTX at the center level. The inability of most high use LDPE centers to increase the total number of living donor transplant numbers suggests the importance of center level factors. A comparison of the organization and resources between high use LDPE centers that did (i.e. Center A in Figure) and did not (i.e. center B, Figure) increase LDTx may provide useful insights that will enable centers to recognize the potential benefits of participation in LDPE.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved