| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Going to be me!!!  (Read 5040 times)

Offline lisamgoldberg

• Top 100 Poster!
Going to be me!!!
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
Hi everyone,
So the decision has been made that I will be the doner for my dad. All my results have come back normal, so I am moving forward with it. My brother really couldn't handle it. All goes well, July 21st should be the date. My dad has to have an angiogram done on the 18th and if that is clear, then the transplant happens on the 21st.

Stay tuned!!!
Lisa
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:54:49 PM by lisamgoldberg »

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
Re: Going to be me!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
You're strong and courageous for stepping up and helping your dad in such a loving way Lisa.  He's very fortunate to have such an incredible daughter.  Don't worry, we'll be praying for you and your Dad as all proceeds and gets closer to the time for the surgery.  We have an incredibly supportive and knowledgeable group here to support you and for you to talk to.  I pray you're coming to terms with what this truly means to you both.  WOW!   Keep us updated friend.  You are a hero!

Scott    8)
Scott

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 07:18:35 PM »
     Congratulations!
     Your brother (and all other potential donors) should keep in mind that while kidney transplants have a high rate of success SOME transplants fail or are rejected promptly, and other fail after some years. So, many patients may eventually ned a second (ot third) transplant. So your brother can still consider himself a "back-up" for the future. It's a great motivation to maintain oneself in good physical condition, especially to take all the needed diet/expercise steps to get the blood pressure at good levels and keep it there.
   best wishes,
       Fr. Pat

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
How wonderful...
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
Praying for you...and keep us posted.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
Congratulations Lisa! Please keep us updated as to how things are going, and please feel free to post here and ask as many questions as you need to. I am keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline lisamgoldberg

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 09:20:41 PM »
Thank you everyone, I will keep you all posted. I am living up life now in my last few weeks before my summer is spent recovering.
Lisa

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional