| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Want to see our website?  (Read 6501 times)

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
Want to see our website?
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Two friends of mine, one of whom's a web designer, created a website for my recipient and me, to support us along the way.  I think it's the coolest thing, and if you go visit and have any suggestions of things we might put on it, please let me know!

http://sidney.papashome.com/

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Want to see our website?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
I LOVE IT! Great job!!!!!!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline smudge

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
He he!  Sidney the Kidney - I love it!  We have always called my recipient's native kidneys The Sidneys :)

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
Awesome site Shelley!  I live in Seattle - Swedish has an excellent reputation, you will be in good hands!  I am also doing a long distance donation - traveling to Detroit for surgery July 15.  I will be back in Seattle Aug 1 so do let me know if you need anything!!!  I'm sure I will be up and running (ok, not running but hopefully driving) when you are here for your surgery.

All the best -
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Well hey Julie, how about that -- you're coming to my neck of the woods for transplant and I'm going to yours!  July 15 is coming up reeeeeel soon, how are you doing?

Thanks for the reassurance about Swedish.  So far my experience and that of my recipient in trying to get them to communicate with us, has been frustrating and we have said many times, we hope they do surgery better than they communicate.

And thanks for the offer to help out while we're there.  I think we're staying at the Silver Cloud, do you know anything about it?

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
Shelley - Yes - 2 weeks from tomorrow...I get nervous butterflies just typing that!  Overall I am doing well...super busy at work and home getting ready for a huge family Fourth of July party so lots of distractions.  The amazing thing is I am sleeping like a rock so that feels great...I hope it continues.  Regular running and yoga I think is helping me stay relaxed, focused and helps for the good night sleep!

Will you be staying at the Silver Cloud on Broadway?  That is very close to the hospital.  I have not stayed there but it looks nice from the outside and I think it is fairly new.  I stayed at the one on Lake Union and it was very nice.  How long will you be in Seattle after surgery?  Let me know, and if you feel up to it we can meet for coffee and compare notes.

All the best-
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

APV

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
Very Nice!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
Fantastic job! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »
Loved it Shelley,

Great concept and well done by the web-designer.  WOW!

Scott    8)
Scott

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 09:02:37 PM »
Nice website; I like it!  I love Sidney the Kidney....I wasn't creative enough for a name like that so my kidney - now my recipient's kidney, is Lefty.  She's developed a life of her own and some of my recipient's friends even refer to her as Lefty, the Awesome!  ;D  I like it, but Sidney is a great name!!  I'll be praying for both you and Heather.  You're doing a wonderful thing for Heather.
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional