| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: New Movie  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
New Movie
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
    At the Transplant Games in Houston they had a screening of a new movie. I missed it but they gave me a DVD and I watched it later. Very good. It is a 70-minute documentary called "Perfect Strangers". The director followed over several years a potential non-directed donor and a lady on the waiting list for several years on dialysis. Very good insights into what it is like to be on the waiting list, and what a living donor's thoughts and experiences may be. Worth seeing and sharing. If you go to www.perfectstrangersmovie.com you can watch a sample, find out where screenings will be held, or buy the DVD.
\    Fr. Pat

Offline PastorJeff

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Donated non-directed on September 5, 2012 at UCSF
Re: New Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »
Thanks.  I've been in touch with the producer/director and they are shooting to promote it for the November Donor Sabbath. In the meantime, I will purchase one. 

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: New Movie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
Prior posts about this film:

Al Roth: Perfect Strangers: kidney donation movie
https://livingdonorsonline.org/ldosmf/index.php?topic=5911.msg14076#msg14076

'Perfect Strangers': Grand Haven native subject of organ donation film
https://livingdonorsonline.org/ldosmf/index.php?topic=6289.msg14837#msg14837
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional