| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Looking for People to Share Their Story  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Tom Lotito

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Looking for People to Share Their Story
« on: September 11, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
Hello! I'm a master's journalism student at Stony Brook University. The program focuses on science and medical journalism, and I'd really like to cover organ donation and the need for more living donors for my final project. The end result, months from now, will be a website with a long feature article, perhaps some video interviews and lots of data visualization.

If anyone here who is searching for a living donor, or those of you who are living donors, think you'd be open to sharing your story with me, please feel free to contact me at Thomas.Lotito@stonybrook.edu.

This goes for anybody who is comfortable with their story being printed, but especially if you are in the Long Island, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut area.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope to hear from you.

Cheers,
Tom

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Looking for People to Share Their Story
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:25:08 PM »
Dear Tom,
     Hi. Best wishes for your project. At the home page of this site you can click "experiences of other living donors" and find quite a few kidney and liver living-donor transplant stories (my own included). And by clicking the "living donation in the news" section you will find a large number of newspaper and magazine articles, many of which tell the stories of living donors. These stories may help you getting started on your project.
     best wishes,
    Fr. Pat (donor '02)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Looking for People to Share Their Story
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »
Dear Tom,
      I forgot to mention that since Living Donors Online has opened a Facebook page under that same title, many more donors seem to check in there than here, and not all check in at both places. So it might be worth your while to likewise post your interest at the facebook page. You might get more responses there than here.
     Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved