| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: New potential altruistic donor  (Read 13008 times)

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
Re: New potential altruistic donor
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:08 AM »
That may not be the right acronym, the National Kidney Registry list.
Yes it's NKR, they have the largest pool of donors/pairs. www.kidneyregistry.org
It would be awesome if you find a match. You not only help the person you gets your kidney, you're also helping the person who will get the kidney from your recipients donor. AND, the recipients who are on the national deceased donor list will benefit because the 2 people who receive kidneys from NKR donors will be off the list, allowing them to move up!
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline Jjcop

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
So did all my tests today. It really does feel like I peed my pants during cat scan. Haha. So far clean bill of health.

Offline KidneyHelpPLEASE

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
So did all my tests today. It really does feel like I peed my pants during cat scan. Haha. So far clean bill of health.

Great job!

I wish I could pee in my pants! I haven't pissed in YEARS and it pisses me off!  ;D

Offline Jjcop

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 01:04:29 AM »
Well it's official. I'm cleared to donate. Waiting on perfect match.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 07:52:10 AM »
Congratulations! That's so exciting. Enjoy every minute and keep a journal if you haven't started one already. I wish I had written just a line or two a day about what went on, what tests I had, how I was feeling. My sister kept a timeline for me on surgery day. It is so nice to look back on. Maybe your wife can do something similar. Please remember I'm local if you have questions or if your wife needs support. You are about to change the life of at least one person and their family....possibly more depending on whether a chain starts.

Jocelyn
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »
     Also, try to keep records of your test results, especially blood and urine (ask for copies of the test results. It will be very helpful in the months and years after donation to have those figures available to measure any long-term changes.
     Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved