| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Three-Time Living Organ Donor Hopes to Inspire Others to Donate  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
https://healthnewshub.org/three-time-living-organ-donor-hopes-to-inspire-others-to-donate/

Three-Time Living Organ Donor Hopes to Inspire Others to Donate
Robin Stanley

Anthony Cernera has dedicated his professional life to helping others as director of philanthropy for St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport. In 2015, when he saw a friend post on Facebook about donating a kidney to a friend’s son, he saw the opportunity to make it part of his personal life as well.
“She said, ‘I’m going to do this thing that’s going to be a little inconvenient for me for a few days, but I’m going to save somebody’s life,’” Cernera recalled.
Inspired by that friend, Cernera has since made three living organ donations – a kidney to a stranger named Lance in 2016, followed by stem cells to a leukemia patient in 2017, and most recently, a portion of his liver to another stranger, Martin, in 2020.

Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved