| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Add Your Story to an Article I am Writing  (Read 1155 times)

Offline PaulineMilner

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Add Your Story to an Article I am Writing
« on: February 27, 2024, 04:54:32 PM »
I am a contracted writer for the Saltwire Network covering Atlantic Canada.

My current article assignment is to interview both organ recipients and doctors who perform transplants.

Are you an organ donor recipient?

Would you agree to tell your story for the article?

If you are agreeable, I can send you a short list of questions via email.

You may feel free to use just your first name and last initial or a complete psudenom. Your reason for doing so will not be questioned. If you want to be fully credited for the article that is okay too.

This article is due to be published during organ donor week from April 1st to April 8th.

Your story would definitely help readers better understand the organ donor process and assist others who are waiting for donor organs.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope you will be a part of this very special article.

I am available at your convenience.

Best regards,

Pauline Milner
milnerwriting@gmail.com
Phone 506 639 3738

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Add Your Story to an Article I am Writing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 03:20:22 PM »
Hi, Pauline!

We discourage folks from posting their personal contact info as our forums are public. If you don't take it down and request a direct message, we will. As you're a member of the press and writing to a deadline, we'll hold off for a while.

You don't list living donors as folks you want to talk to, odd as that's primarily who's here, and odd as we know more about the experience than either recipients or transplant surgeons. Also, is your interest specific to the Canadian Maritimes, or broader? Best wishes.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional