| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: FINALLY! Date set for March 1  (Read 5687 times)

NowWhat

FINALLY! Date set for March 1
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
After almost 8 months of testing, we finally have a date for March 1.  We were deferred at our "home" transplant center due to multiple vessels and began the search for a center that would do the transplant.  After some more testing, we were approved out of state Feb 16 and are scheduled for surgery tomorrow.

I had to post on the old board via Michael due to problems with posting.  I am thankful to everyone on this board for the information and morale boost.  I know that without persistence on our part that this transplant would not be happening. 

Thanks to everyone here for helping with the learning curve.  Keep us in your prayers. 

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: FINALLY! Date set for March 1
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS! Prayers coming your way!!!!!  Post and let us know how you both are doing as soon as you can!!!

XO
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: FINALLY! Date set for March 1
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
Congratulations to you and your recipient - that is fabulous news! Best of luck to you both with your surgeries. I will keep you both in my prayers and please do update us as soon as you are able!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional