| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: How old is everyone?  (Read 19499 times)

Offline treehugger

• Top 50 poster!
Re: How old is everyone?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
I was 35 when I donated; I don't know how old my recipient was/is.

Kara
Donated left kidney to my husband via paired exchange on 12/17/09.

BEC

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 12:22:58 AM »
I am 34, I donated to my ex-husband this past July, he is 44.

Offline Oldnslow

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
I'm 59 now, male, and was 56 when I donated to my brother.  He was 62 at the time.   He's doing well.  Had a creatin scare last week, it had jumped to 2.8 and they were talking about doing a biopsy.  When he went in  for a testing it was at 2.1 so they  cancelled the biopsy.  In general he's doing excellent as am I.  We golfed Sunday.  I can still beat him.  LOL. 

The last blood  pressure check I had  read 110/70.  Quite happy about that.   

Largest challenge has been the development of arthritis in one  of the finger joints.  Pain med options are limited.  Will keep  working on the Qui to deal with it.

Cheers
Oldnslow
Oldnslow

"Donated kidney to my brother on Dec 8, 2008"

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Apparently, age didn't matter too much.  I had a really tough recovery on the second day.  I couldn't imagine ever feeling better again.  However, now I feel pretty good.  I am glad they had me stay in the hospital until today.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
I donated in June (3 months ago) and am 33.  My recipient is in his 40's....early 40's I think.
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline Prelude_Sarah

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 02:03:02 PM »
I am 26, I donated on May 10th of this year to my sister who was 23 at the time (she's 24 now).  I'd say I was in pretty immediate pain for about 4 weeks, with the first week being the worst.  For the following 5 weeks, I had pain that was a lot more mild, but still there.  At about the 9 - 10 week mark, I noticed I really had no pain at all (aside from a lingering sensitivity on the right side of my abdomen when it's touched in certain ways, this sensitivity actually even remains today ..? *I'm trying to be patient*).
After about 3 months, I noticed my energy levels were much improved.  Now at the 4 month mark, I'd say I feel about 95% better in terms of energy.
My healing process may have taken a little longer than most people though (especially considering my age), but I did develop an infection around my main incision about two weeks following the surgery, and then I developed an allergy to the antibiotic that was given to me (it was quite the roller coaster to be on!). 
Donated left kidney to younger sister on May 10th, 2011

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »
It is only been a week and a half and I feel about 90% of normal, which I think is pretty good.  Today the plastic surgeon took out the JP drains and I got to see my new belly button for the first time.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline leah.faith

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
I'm 27 and the girl I'm donating to is also 27. We were actually born on the same day and have been friends for 12 years:)

Offline PamelaKaye

• Conversationalist
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
My recipient was 50 when her body accepted my 49 year old kidney.

Offline julian

• Top 100 Poster!
    • Julian Cook - Free Range Human
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »
I'm 45 and have no idea who my recipient is... (yet.... or if ever). I am scheduled to get my MRI in a week and a half. So nice to find this place.
----
Free Range Human - http://juliancook.com

Offline jatopa

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
I'm 61, and by the time of surgery, could be 62.   My brother is a few years older.

Offline kayla1578

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
33 and donating to my 62 year old aunt this Friday!!!!  :)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional