| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 2 Year Check Up  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
2 Year Check Up
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Since I always appreciate others posting their results from their post donation check ups, I thought I would post mine. I went to the doctor this morning for my 2 year post donation check up.

My creatinine is 1.1 and gfr is 58. BP was 110/82. (Bottom number was actually a bit high for me.) and pulse was 64. The test for protein was not in yet, apparently they sent that one out so it will take another day or so to get those results. I have not had any protein in my urine yet, so I am expecting that should come back ok.

My creatinine and gfr were exactly the same as they were at my one year, so my results are stable.

My doctor said she thinks I am doing great and was very happy with the results.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

Linda
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:51:11 AM by Aries7 »
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: 2 Year Check Up
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »
Good news is always welcome! Sounds like you had a great checkup, Linda, and it is nice to know everything is holding steady.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline mom2three

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »
Congratulations on your clean bill of health!  I'm a numbers person so I enjoy tracking and feel reassured by lab numbers as well.  I was happy with my 1 year check up where my creatinine was .85.  I know everyone's creatinine is a funciton of the amt of muscle they have, kidney function, etc, but I was happy that mine is well within normal limits.
Donated to cousin on 6/29/2010 at Cleveland Clinic

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:29:02 AM »
Dear Linda,
  Congratulations on the great numbers.  Keep up the good work (and good luck with the protein test)!
   And thanks for posting.  I'm always happy to get good news!
          Be well, Snoopy

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional