| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Donated Kidney December of 2008, having some pain  (Read 4460 times)

areynolds

Donated Kidney December of 2008, having some pain
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:40:25 AM »
I have been experiencing minor pain on my back on the side where my kidney is located for the past week.  I am unsure if this could be a sign that there may be a problem with my kidney.  I've had to start taking antibiotics for an oral surgery and when I started taking the antibiotics and pain meds is when the pain in that area started.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?  I've gone to my doctor and they just keep running tests but haven't gotten anywhere yet.  They are still saying that there can be quite a few issues with this.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Offline Barbara S

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Donated Kidney December of 2008, having some pain
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »
Hello -
I have never had the problem, but if your pain persists go to a nephrologist.  Remember you are your own best advocate,
Proud Kidney Donor to Brother
December 9, 2003
at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Offline Donna Luebke

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner/kidney donor
Re: Donated Kidney December of 2008, having some pain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
Be sure to get checked out for urinary tract infection.  If movement reproduces or worsens the symptoms then most likely is musculoskeletal. Agree to get this checked out. 
Donna
Kidney donor, 1994    Independent donor advocate
MSN,  Adult Nurse Practitioner
2003-2006:  OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors, Ad Hoc Living Donor Committee, Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organs Committee, OPTN Working Group 2 on Living Donation
2006-2012:  Lifebanc Board of Directors

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved