| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Surgery Date  (Read 4026 times)

Heather6

Surgery Date
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
I wanted to share that I have a surgery date to donate my left kidney to my older sister on February 29th at University of Washington.  We are very excited and I appreciate being able to read everyones experiences on this site.
Heather

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Surgery Date
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
Leap Day surgery...well that doesn't mean you will only get to celebrate your kidneyversary every 4 years!  Be sure to ask any questions you have - this site is loaded with great info.  I live in the Seattle area so would be happy to be available if you would like to talk to someone or visit - just send me a message.

Best wishes and take care during these upcoming weeks.  Do things for yourself...massage, yoga, etc.

Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Surgery Date
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
Congratulations and welcome Heather!

I am glad you and your sister found this site. Please do feel free to post as often as you like, and ask as many questions as you might have. I did not find this site until shortly after I donated. I really wished I had found it beforehand, as it would have helped answer some of my questions.

Best of luck to both you and your Sister. Please do keep us upated as to how you both are doing. :)

Linda
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:02:36 PM by Aries7 »
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional