| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Surgeon questions  (Read 4031 times)

Offline busymom9501

• Top 100 Poster!
Surgeon questions
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:38:17 PM »
I passed my second crossmatch and now get to meet with the surgeon this week!  After that, the panel assembles to vote on me (which I've been assured there should be nothing preventing me from donati). They ave our surgery date penciled in for June 12th! So excited!

Are there any questions I should ask the surgeon??

Thanks!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Surgeon questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
Look through the information on this message board. There is a lot there so it will take time to process. Here is a link the the questions suggested on this forum https://livingdonorsonline.org/Questions.htm. You will also want to bring someone with you because you will get so much information all at once. Some patients have even asked if it is ok to tape their appointment so that they can review it. Not sure all physicians would be comfortable with this but it might be helpful.

Good luck as you proceed and let us know how it goes.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Surgeon questions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
     A basic question would be whether your surgeon recommends laporoscopic surgery for the kidney removal, or the "open cut" method, and what are his/her reasons. Does he/she consider one method to be safer for the donor than the other method?
     best wishes,
         Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved