| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: donation from caucasian to hispanic  (Read 4748 times)

Offline teresa42996

• My first post!
donation from caucasian to hispanic
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
is there any reason an hispanic kidney patient could have problems receiving a donor kidney from a caucasian? both are B- blood type. wondering if there are any reasons this would be a problem. can't find anything on it on-line. no testing has been done to date.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: donation from caucasian to hispanic
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
Nope, a match is a match.  The insides of us don't care what the ethnic origins are, just as long as we can match as close as possible. 
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline Valerie

• Conversationalist
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
I am caucausin and my recipient is Egyptian, as different as Peanut butter and Jelly, but in blood type and HLA matching we are a perfect match. That is all that matter.

Offline billmaem

• Conversationalist
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
As long as you are a match, all is good.  My recipient is hispanic (and I caucasian) and we are celebrating 3 years of a healthy donation this month!!

Offline tanimbarcorella

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:13:35 AM »
My recipient was a non-blood relative (uncle married into the family) -- he is caucasian and I am pacific islander/caucasian. His surgeon told me after surgery that my kidney was one of the fastest to start working he has ever seen. I am a young donor, so this may be part of it, too, but the difference in ethnicity sure didn't seem to matter.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved