| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Help requested from fellow kidney donors  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Angelwomyn

• Conversationalist
Help requested from fellow kidney donors
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:23:04 PM »
Hello,
For those of you who do not know me, I am Barbara Coleman and I live in Northern Wisconsin. On March 6th, 2008 I had the honor of donating my left kidney to the 19 year old daughter of an acquaintance. It was truly the most fulfilling thing I have had the pleasure to experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat if I could.

I am finishing up my Masters in Education program at the University of Wisconsin-Stout and my thesis is “An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Educational Information Provided by Kidney Transplant Centers to Potential Living Kidney Donors in the United States”.   

I am looking for living kidney donors who are willing to fill out my short survey asking their opinions on their donation experience. The survey should only take 10-15 minutes of your time. While I hope that everyone would answer all the questions, every question is optional and in no way will the respondents be identified. The only compensation I can offer for your participation is my hearty thanks and access to the finished thesis once accepted.

If you are a living kidney donor and would be willing to fill out my survey, please follow the link below. Thank you!

https://uwstout.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_20lIDkTaLwCtVwF

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Help requested from fellow kidney donors
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »
It is good to see your name, Barb, and hope all is well with you. Just completed the survey.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and perhaps someone else in the future.
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

Offline mintx

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
Do you need people who have donated already or is it ok to fill out as a "potential donor".  I'll add my 2cents if it will help.  Good Luck.

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
Thanks for the opportunity. Let us know what your research shows if possible.

Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline pilotjjc3

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »
Just completed it.  Good luck with your paper.  If you can, post it here because I'm sure there are a lot of people who would enjoy reading it.

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 12:43:24 AM »
Angelwomyn [Barbara],

Welcome back to LDO!   :)

I just completed your survey.  I, too, would like to see your final results, interpretations, and recommendations.

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline Angelwomyn

• Conversationalist
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »
Please consider filling out my survey if you have donated a kidney to someone. I will post all my findings and the thesis here after it has been sanctioned by the committee. Thank you!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I just completed the survery. I really appreciate the opportunity to participate in this. I really look forward to your findings.

Thanks! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Angelwomyn

• Conversationalist
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »
The survey is still open, please consider filling out my survey if you have donated a kidney. Thanks to al who have participated already!

Offline Angelwomyn

• Conversationalist
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:52:02 PM »
I will be closing out this survey Nov. 30th, 2012. Thanks to all who have participated. If you are a living kidney donor and have not taken my survey, please consider doing so.

Once my thesis is accepted and sanctioned I will be posting it.

Thank you all for helping me with my thesis!

Barb

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved