| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: kidney donors that have had children after donation  (Read 4337 times)

Offline willis_chavonn

• Top 100 Poster!
kidney donors that have had children after donation
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »
Hey All, I will be donating a kidney to my dad this upcoming Friday at UAB. I'm praying strongly that all goes well. I was wondering has anyone ever donated and had kids after donation. I currently have no children but would like some.

Offline SWB

• Top 50 poster!
Re: kidney donors that have had children after donation
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Sorry, I should have addressed this in our side emails.  Question was posed earlier by a few other donors and I think there is a thread about post-donation and having children.  Multiple folks here have donated and gone on to have healthy children.  If I can find the posting I will "Bump" it up on the list for you.

-Scott
Scott
Donated right kidney to uncle
October 18, 2012 at University of Alabama (UAB)

Offline wlillie

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
I had two children after donating. I donated in 2005, had my first son in 2008 and also have a 10 month old. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Offline Catherine C

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »
I donated in 2001 and had my second child in 2002. No complications.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Catherine Cullen
Catherine-Donated Kidney to mother Jan.2001 Univ. of CO

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional