| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Scheduled to donate Tues but recipient just admitted to hospital w/pneumonia  (Read 3205 times)

Offline shoopies

• Top 200 Poster!
So my surgery is scheduled for this Tuesday, the 18th. Unfortunately, my recipient was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. I'm hoping to get some more info tomorrow as to how he is doing. We might try to push it back a couple days or a week, but if he doesn't get significantly better in the next week, I'll be donating to someone on the wait list instead (because my schedule is pretty tight in terms of when I can donate). And, if I donate to the guy with pneumonia, it will kick off three more transplants in a chain, compared to if I just donate to someone on the list and it stops there. In the meantime, I'm going ahead with all of my pre-op tests tomorrow with the hopes that it's on for next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Dear shoopies,

I'm sorry to hear your recipient is ill and hope for a swift recovery.  Regardless of how things work out for that particular recpient, I think you're doing an amazing thing!   

Love, elephant

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional