| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Interesting book - if you can get it  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Mooge

• Top 100 Poster!
Interesting book - if you can get it
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
I ran across a book I think might be of interest to many here:
"Educating, Evaluating and Selecting Living Kidney Donors", edited by Robert W. Steiner.
It is essentially a collection of eight papers that have to do with medical and ethical selection of donors - especially written for donor counselors but not terribly hard to read and has a great deal of interesting information for donors. I got through it and I am far less informed than many of the others on the forum in terms of medical details.
It is not new, it came out in 2004, but I think a lot of it is quite relevant.
You can actually order it on Amazon but it has a price of $179!!! That's more than a dollar a page! I work in a university and found it in the library, so anyone who has access to an academic library may be in luck.

Enjoy,
Mooge

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
Re: Interesting book - if you can get it
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
Mooge & y'all,
The book is quite good.  I have it.  If anyone cannot access it at their library & wants to know what is in it, PM me & I e-mail the Table of Contents.
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional