| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Living the life of luxury from Marlburg.  (Read 13109 times)

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Living the life of luxury from Marlburg.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
I actually did not have a drain after the operation.  My belly button now has a bruise. 

Four days post operation, my discomfort is largely gas based and my bowels are beginning to return to normal. My appetite is small and certain strange foods are very appealing, like avocados and scallops.

I walked a very easy half a mile today and took a good nap. 
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
     Enjoy your avocados and scallops! After donation I greatly enjoyed anchovie pizza (and craved little else). I don't think I have even looked at an anchovy pizza since, but at the time they were delicious!
         Fr. Pat

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
Sounds like things are progressing for you!  I love avocados so don't think your craving is strange at all!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:23 PM »
Both the walking and the nap are great for you.  Don't over do it, but do keep lightly increasing your activity.  I'm not much on Avocados but PASS ME THE SCALLOPS! :P
Scott

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
I had a follow up yesterday and my creatinine has already reached .9, which puts me at 80% function. 
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
That's incredible!  I'm very happy for you but a bit jealous if I must be honest!!    :D  I had my follow up last week and my creatinine was at 1.14.  My doctor said it is high but is what we expect at this point after surgery.  Am waiting to hear from Sharon at Hopkins to see what she thinks.  My doc wants to retest it in 3-4 weeks.  So I'm drinking lots of water and waiting for Righty to wake up and realize she's a loner now and needs to get to work....yes I call them Righty and Lefty cause I'm not at all creative and can't think of anything cooler to name them!   8)

Congratulations on everything!  I know you had some apprehension at the end when things were getting a bit crazy but you made it!  And your husband, as well as at least one other person, has a new lease on life!  Have a safe trip home....I think it is today that you fly back.  You did great!!   ;D

P.S. Can you tell I'm having fun with the emoticons today?!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »
Hope things have settled down for you Jocelyn.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »
Sharon said 1.1 is perfect and it can't get any better than that!  I want to prove her wrong (and for this I wouldn't be rounding 1.14 down to 1.1 but I'm anal....).  Things are going well.  Today is one month since surgery and my recipient is feeling great!  He went back to work late last week.  I go back in a week and a half.  I'm trying to take it easy and remind myself not to overdue things.  I usually take a nap but am trying to get out and do more to prepare myself for work pretty soon.  Can't believe you went back after 8 days!  Did you get in to see the doctor today?  If so, what was decided?  Hoping you're feel better and the pain goes away soon.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
Good to hear! 

My labs are good. My ob thinks it is nerve regrowth causing the sensation.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
And wouldn't you know it, but I'm having pain at and around my belly button today (my main incision is at the bikini area like a c-section incision but I do have an incision at my belly button which was used for the tools, etc).  I can't tell if it is because I picked something up yesterday (it was under 10 lbs) and I twisted wrong or if it is just the muscles healing.  It hurts when I push on my belly or reach for something (I know, don't push or reach! :)).  Am hoping with rest it will quit hurting.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional