| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: The first and the only book by a kidney donor (Incorrect author claim-Moderator)  (Read 3100 times)

Offline shipra

• My first post!
  • I am a proud and happy kidney donor and writer
The newest book on the block is "Dark Confessions of a Kidney Donor." It encompasses my spiritual, emotional, and physical journey. It gives tips to would-be organ donors. It talks about stress-free, happy organ donation. There are some shocking events too that happened to me.

It shows "live" moments captured by me, the donor herself...day by day account pre and post surgery + 7 days in ICU.

The book is a special limited edition. It is available with me, the author - Shipra Singh. I donated my kidney to my mother. It was an extraordinary experience. Life is beautiful since then...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:17:02 PM by Clark »
Shipra Singh

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: The first and the only book by a kidney donor
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 06:09:11 AM »
Congratulations on your book! Another book by a kidney donor is "The Reluctant Donor" by Suzanne Ruff which describes her donation in the context of a family with a history of genetic kidney disease. Available at amazon.com and other booksellers. There is also a good documentary movie called "Perfect Strangers" which follows a donor throughout the process of donation. Info at www.perfectstrangersmovie.com
   best wishes,
        Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional