| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Kidney removal and erectile dysfunction  (Read 11556 times)

Offline hershey

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Kidney removal and erectile dysfunction
« on: May 23, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
After kidney transplant surgery my brother is alive but I have got erectile dysfunction. Tried sildenafil and other ed drugs, testosterone injections. Nothing helps. Thoughts?

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Kidney removal and erectile dysfunction
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:40 AM »
I have not heard about cases of erectile dysfunction after kidney donation, but somewhere from 5 to 10 percent of male donors suffer temporary or long-term pain in the testicle on the side of donation, and it seems to be caused by problems with the blood supply to that testicle as a result of the surgery.
You might wish to also post your question at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line as there are more donors who check in there who do not check in here.
     Fr. Pat

Offline hershey

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »
I have not heard about cases of erectile dysfunction after kidney donation, but somewhere from 5 to 10 percent of male donors suffer temporary or long-term pain in the testicle on the side of donation, and it seems to be caused by problems with the blood supply to that testicle as a result of the surgery.
You might wish to also post your question at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line as there are more donors who check in there who do not check in here.
     Fr. Pat

Thank you for the answer Fr. Pat!
My doctor said that is metabolic disturbance but didn't give me any proper wat to treat it.

Offline ben1978

• My first post!
  • I'm new!

Offline hershey

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!

Offline Wiggins

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
After kidney transplant surgery my brother is alive but I have got erectile dysfunction. Tried sildenafil and other ed drugs, testosterone injections. Nothing helps. Thoughts?

Hey Hershey it would be good to hear an update. Are you still having ed because of this?
Checkout Proextender and you'll love it.

Offline vikinath

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 08:02:40 AM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:08:22 AM by vikinath »

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional