| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Leg Nerve Pain  (Read 2637 times)

Offline louisekennedy

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Leg Nerve Pain
« on: October 04, 2020, 09:30:49 AM »
I donated my left kidney almost three weeks ago. I had a few complications post surgery and ended up in hospital for a week. I’m out of hospital 10 days. My kidney surgery pain seems to be getting better. I’m walking a bit etc.
I had a left bikini incision and three lap.
From my bikini incision down I can’t feel a thing. But from the top of my thigh, down to the outside of my knee, I have excruciating pain. There’s an area of about 4 inches where I have no feeling, but the rest of my leg feels like razor blades, or a burn. I can’t touch it. It’s mostly on the outside of the thigh. Is this nerve damage? Does it go away? The numbness started in hospital but there was other pain that eclipsed this, so I didn’t know it was so bad.

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: Leg Nerve Pain
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »
Many donors have complications following surgery. What you're describing sounds serious and should be discussed with the transplant team. They are obligated to follow up with you for the next two years, so please reach out to them and let them know what you are experiencing.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional