| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Black Living Donor Choir: Why every singer has chosen to donate a kidney  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
https://www.itv.com/news/london/2023-03-13/why-every-singer-in-a-choir-has-chosen-to-donate-a-kidney

Black Living Donor Choir: Why every singer has chosen to donate a kidney
A choir in Brixton is calling on more people in the black community to donate a kidney to a loved one.
Each member of the Black Living Donor Choir donated a kidney to their partner or relative when theirs was failing.
Charity Kidney Care UK says black people are five times more likely to develop kidney failure than other communities and three times more likely to need a kidney transplant.
Vicky Gordon who donated to her husband told ITV News London: "It was the best thing I have ever done, it was scary but it was a good scary because at the end of the day I look back and it has benefitted him, my children, his family.
"It had had a ripple effect everybody has benefited from it and he s doing really, really well."
Dela Idowu set up the Black Living Donor Choir last year driven by a desire to help transform people's lives.
She said: "Having surgery is difficult but if you've got somebody within your family that needs a transplant you can change their life, transform their life by becoming a living donor.
"It is just an amazing thing to do!"
Members of the choir described their involvement as "enlightening and fun" as each person involved represents a life saved.
They are hoping more people will join them.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Love this!  ;D
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Subscribe in a reader

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional