| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 3 days countdown  (Read 12862 times)

Offline Prelude_Sarah

• Top 50 poster!
Re: 3 days countdown
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
Lots of prayers and love for you and your recipient on your big day, upnover.  See you on the other side :)

Sarah
Donated left kidney to younger sister on May 10th, 2011

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
Wow - a busy time for living donors!  Upnover, Angelica and Lisa...wishing you all the best, will be thinking of you and your recipients.  I so look forward to hearing of your successful surgeries soon.  My surgery date is July 15th...the butterflies are setting in big time.  The days are flying by, and moving SO slow...all at the same time!

All the best -
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Prelude_Sarah

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
And Lisa and Angelica, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well!  I remember the last few days before surgery like it was yesterday!  I ended up feeling very peaceful.  More peaceful about it than I had for many months leading up to the operation.  I hope this same sort of calm happens for you guys too :)
Jewels, I know exactly what you mean by the time moving fast and slow at the same time.  When I look back at the point where I has a little over a month out from surgery, it was hard to not obsess about it.  But, today is exactly 4 weeks out from surgery for me.  And since the surgery, it feels like time has just flown by!  It's nice to have the pre-surgery stress finally gone.  You'll be there sooner than you know it!

Hope everyone keeps us updated!

Sincerely,

Sarah
Donated left kidney to younger sister on May 10th, 2011

APV

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
Thank you ALL for the well wishes.  I am down to the last couple of days and I am feeling very calm and ready to go.   I will be honest and say that I am having a hard time sleeping.  I have continued my workout routine, but I cannot sleep much despite being off work already.  I keep going in circles trying to leave everything ready around the house since both my husband and I will be unable to take care of day-to-day things.   We have great support so I think it's just the excitement that keeps me awake.

UPNOVER:  I woke up thinking of you today.  I hope everything went well for you and your recipient.  I can't wait to hear from you.   :) 

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 01:18:47 AM »
Dear "APV",
     I have read that some donors requested and were prescribed something to help them sleep/relax in the days before surgery, but don't take anything without the hospital's O.K.
        Fr. Pat

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
the 4.5 hours of my surgery
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
was probably the VERY BEST SLEEP I've had in years....

and up early his morning praying for all of you.....God will walk with you through this GREAT experience...An old hymn says it best, "He hideth my soul in the Cleft of the Rock that shadows a dry, thirsty land.  He hideth my life in the depth of His love, and He covers me there with His hand...He covers me there with His hand."

And I'm praying now, "Father, in the mighty name of Jesus our Lord, please cover these precious people with Your mighty hand.  Make these surgeries successful, and event-free.   Bring healing quickly to these very unselfish people...Amen."
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved