Living Kidney Donation Web Sites
Here are additional web sites related to living kidney donation.
General Information on Living Kidney Donation
- Living donation resources from UNOS.
- National Kidney Foundation’s “Big Ask, Big Give” with information on living donation in the “Big Give” section.
- National Kidney Foundation’s NFK Cares, a free patient information help line that offers support for people affected by kidney disease, organ donation, or transplantation. It’s designed just for patients, family members, and care partners. Call or email to speak with a trained specialist who will answer your questions and listen to your concerns.
- National Living Donor Assistance Center–a US government funded program that provides financial assistance to certain living donors.
- Information on living donation from the UK-based National Kidney Federation.
- Information living donation from the UK’s National Health Service.
- Living donor Q&A from the California Pacific Medical Center.
- A message board for Australian living donors.
- An Australian site with PDF files on living donation on the middle of the web page.
- Living Donor 101, notable for its extensive information on living donor medical research.
- Facebook support groups for living donors: Living Donors Online, Living Donors Living in Pain, Living Donors with Complications, and Living Kidney Donors.
- Watch streaming video of a living kidney transplant. You can also go to YouTube and seach “living kidney donor” for to view several videos.
- Transplant Ethics web site: “to promote the integrity of transplant medicine, and the welfare of living donors and organ recipients.”
- For Donors Only message board provided by The Kidney Foundation of Canada.
- American Transplant Foundation mentor program for potential living donors.